Tuesday, April 20, 2010

GSI Outdoors Lexan Drive Bottle- Apricot Orange

GSI Outdoors Lexan Drive Bottle- Apricot Orange
This was given to me as a freebie when I purchased my tent and my stove some time ago. Immediately I was curious as it seemed a bit fragile. I personally have used a couple of Nalgene Bottles before, and this is something new that I just have to try it.

One thing that's noticeably different is the push button that easily opens the lid. This is helpful when on the trail. I didn't have to keep turning the lid to open the bottle. With one push of a button, I have clean drinking water to enjoy. Though the bottle says that the lid might pop open when dropped, it didn't when a friend miscalculated in catching it when I tossed it to him after refilling it with water.

Like the Nalgene bottles, this is is unbreakable, making it perfect for outdoor use.It is also lightweight and cut resistant, with Lexan® resin products that won't stain or hold odors or taste. I have personally used this to hold some tropical fruit flavored juices while hiking, and it didn't even smelled like it had been used for such, even when I let it sit there for 3 days. Definitely a good money's worth if you ask me, compared to the pricey water bottles out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment